Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thank You!

Renal Ride Sydney 2010 is not just a solo effort. This event would not be possible without the generous assistance and generosity of the following people and businesses:
Jackie and Chris who run The Lucky Lodge & Scraps Boarding Cattery at Reynella have provided wonderful care for my cat Eddie since 2005. This is by far the best cattery in Australia. When a couple of Sydneysiders asked me about Lucky Lodge, I was able to tell them that it is 5-star accommodation for felines. It is also a rescue and adoption centre for abandoned and pre-loved cats.
Rick Berry and Trevor Baudinette at Woodcroft Primary School. Rick has been involved with his various classes in my various journeys since The Big Loop in 2007. Trevor has provided invaluable technical advice with website knowledge and preparation of Slide Presentations.
Once again, South Coast Cycles has looked after my bike, preparing it for another arduous journey and providing mechanical assistance.
Vale Signs at Lonsdale once again provided brilliant signage for my bike and a great advertising banner to summarise my journeys.
Toby Clark at EFM Health Clubs Lonsdale motivates and inspires everyone to give their best effort and to believe in themselves to achieve more without compromising safety. He truly leads by example. In May, he led a team of 10 cyclists of various fitness levels from Melbourne to Adelaide to raise over $50,000 for the neo-natal unit at Flinders Medical Centre.
Julie and Neil at Blanchetown Riverside Holiday Park kindly gave me a spa deluxe cabin for a night while I was in Blanchetown. Not only was the cabin spotless, the park was magnificent. If you have never been a lover of the river life, a stay at this park will change your mind forever. Sheer heaven.
Noel at Kirriemuir Motel & Cabins only charged me half price for a room. I had a blissful night's sleep.
Ventura Golden Chain Motel at Renmark was a lovely place to stay after a busy day of interviews and riding. It was also my last place in South australia before crossing the border. Thank you so much for your generosity.
Dave and Su Walsh at Robinvale Motel gave me a discount on a room, a generous donation and Su cooked me a complimentary Thai meal. I adore Thai food, but this meal was the best Thai cuisine I have ever tasted.
Ken & Robyn Griffiths of Balranald Motor Inn generously gave me a night's accommodation and greeted me with a friendly hello. After a gruelling day on the highway, I was able to recuperate in luxury, ready for another week of hills, head winds and potholes.
Nicholas Royal Motel at Hay very kindly gave me accommodation after cycling 133km from Balranald. Monica was most welcoming and gave me a family room, ideas about the best places to eat and details about places to visit while in Hay. Its central location yet quiet, comfortable setting was idyllic.
Lake Talbot Tourist Park is worth a climb up the hill. Situated one kilometre from the town centre, it offers breathtaking views of Lake Talbot and the Narrandera State Forest. Hosts Barry and Jill Bolwell kindly offered me two wonderful nights here. You'd want to stay a week here to soak up the wonderful atmosphere.
Easts Riverview Holiday Park in Wagga Wagga very kindly gave me a cabin for the night. This is definitely the place to stay if you want to be far enough from the busy town but still close enough to all facilities. Thank you for accommodating me on a very busy weekend.
Sovereign Inn at Gundagai is right on the edge of town, within walking distance of the main attractions yet quiet enough to offer a great night's sleep. A big thank you to the manager for giving me a lovely room, especially as I was losing an hour's sleep - thanks to daylight saving.
David and Linda of Bike Odyssey at Goulburn for their wonderful company and hospitality. I first met Dave and Linda when I cycled through Goulburn in 2007 when Nick was about 8 months old. This amazing couple have taken touring cycling to a new level, having cycled around Australia TWICE and various places overseas. Nick also had a little brother, Alex, and you must read Dave and Linda's blog Down the Danube in a Boo Buggy (Zurich to Vienna). They not only took their boys but camped out along the Danube. It was a real privilege to meet up with you both again.

No comments:

Post a Comment